Premium Monster Fish Day Trip 2.5hrs from Bangkok
This is what a typical Day Trip would look like, things may vary depending on personal requirements for the trip and causes out of our control.
- 05h30: Pickup from your hotel and transport to the lake, possible stop off for breakfast
- 08h00: Arrive at the lake and get a briefing with the guide of what to expect and tackle to be used
- 08h00: Morning fishing session
- 12h00: Lunch
- 13h00: Afternoon fishing session
- 17h00: Depart from the fishing lakes and head back to your hotel
Things provided by Bangkok Angler for the trip include the following:
- Transport to and from the fishing destination
- All fishing gear. Normally one rod per angler and a variety of lures and setups
- Thai fishing guide
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- Breakfast and lunch
We do not provide the following:
- Insurance (an indemnity will be signed prior to the commencement of any fishing)
- Alcohol (although you’re more than welcome to have a few drinks)
- Fish (you need to catch them, we can only tell you where they are)
Species you’ll catch on this trip include the following:
- Alligator Gar
- Mekong Giant Catfish
- Giant Snakehead
- Siamese Giant Carp
- Chaophraya (Dog-eating) Catfish
- Amazonian Red tailed Catfish
- Asian Red tailed Catfish
- Tiger Shovel nose Catfish
- Peacock Bass
- Probably more that we haven’t caught yet
The fish here have grown to monstrous sizes and are truly a once in a lifetime catch at a fraction of the price you’d pay to catch them anywhere else in the world!
Fishing can be split into 2 different categories. Predatory fish and non-predatory.
Predatory fish will take live or dead baits. Lure and fly-fishing is also welcome and a lot of fun!
Non-predatory fish will take ground baits and other bait setups.